Call for regular papers
ICMR2018 is calling for high quality original papers addressing innovative research in multimedia retrieval and its related broad fields. The main scope of the conference is not only search and retrieval of multimedia data but also analysis and understanding of multimedia contents including community-contributed social data, lifelogging data and automatically generated sensor data, integration of diverse multimodal data, deep learning-based methodology and practical multimedia applications.
ICMR2018 invites research papers of varying length from 6 to 8 pages, plus additional one page for the reference page. Please note that there is no longer the distinction between long and short papers, but the authors may themselves decide on the appropriate length of the paper. All papers will undergo the same review process and review period.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Multimedia content-based search and retrieval
- Large-scale and web-scale multimedia retrieval and indexing
- Multimedia content extraction, analysis, and indexing
- Multimedia analytics, knowledge discovery and understanding
- Multimedia content recognition, classification and annotation
- Multimedia machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks
- Relevance feedback, active learning, and transfer learning
- Zero-shot learning and fine-grained retrieval for multimedia
- Event-based indexing and multimedia understanding
- Semantic descriptors and novel high- or mid-level features
- Social multimedia data analysis
- Crowdsourcing and community contributions for multimedia content annotation
- Narrative generation and narrative analysis
- Computer-human interaction in multimedia retrieval
- Query processing and relevance feedback
- Multimedia browsing, summarization, and visualization
- Multimedia beyond video, including 3D data and sensor data
- Analysis and search for lifelogging multimedia data
- Multimedia analysis with geographical information
- Mobile multimedia search and recognition on smartphones and IoT devices
- Hardware/software-based acceleration on multimedia analysis/search
- Multimedia dataset for benchmark and evaluation
- Benchmarks and evaluation methodologies for multimedia analysis/search
- Applications of multimedia retrieval, e.g., medicine, sports, commerce, foods, lifelogs, travel, security, environments.
- Submission Deadline:
Jan. 20th, 2018.Jan. 30th, 2018. 23:59 (PST) (Firm deadline)
- Notification: Mar. 30th, 2018.
- Camera Ready Deadline:
Apr. 27th, 2018.Apr. 25th, 2018